Saturday, April 16, 2005

Chetu's Party

I think yesterday was the most boring day in my life. In fact I did not want to come to office. Somehow I dragged myself to office. India's first innings disaster, further ruined my mood. Meanwhile I got a mail from Chetu, that he had arranged a small dinner get together that night. It was in Woody's.
I thought all of our gang would come. Sri had his exams on Sat and Sun. Kiri and Mahendra live in different part of world. Kar is busy in distributing his wedding invitation(Though he came to the place and left before dinner). So I was the only one left out without any special engagement. I was worried that I will be an odd man in the crowd.
Manju Kiran was there with his wife(forgot the name). Chetu's MS frined Muralidhar(incidentally our junior from UVCE) was there. So I got company of Murali. He had just resigned MS to write UPSC exam. My most of discussion was about UPSC exam. Then Avinash, our ECE batch mate, Chetu's friend joined the group. We had seen each other, but didn't know well. Murali, Avinash and I started chatting during dinner. We discussed everything about our work, where we live and so on. Incidentally Avinash's home was on the other side of the road from my home!!!!
Chetan's father was sitting next to Avinash, he told us the stories about Chetu's bride hunting. It was total fun. We also recommended to get Chetu married soon. So by this year end Chetu will be definitely married. Congrats Chetu!!! His father also told us that some girl is coming to bangalore to see Chetu, the next day. Chetu all the best!!!

At the end, we met Suraj and Vibha(I think it was just a coincidence). So it was all fun meeting old friends and making new ones. It was around 10pm. I had to go to railway station to pick my uncle. I enjoyed the drive to railway station with traffic/crowdless roads with no signal intersections. Hopefully Chetu will upload all photos someday.
Bon voyage Chetu!!!

2 comments:

Sridhar M said...

Good luck Chetu...by now, you would've flown away, though.
Shashi - come on, these days you seem to be disinterested, get some thing to do and all will be fine :-) BTW, if you dont have anything to do, come to me - I'll give you many ideas! ;)

Karthik CS said...

Hmm... Hoo kano I was busy .. really busy on that day...

U know what Chetu had come to my place on the day before this party with his mom to visit my mom. My mom is an astrologer.. Thye wanted to ask various issues.. marriage was one. Mom told ... he get married very soon.. 99% within a year..

He has plans to come back in dec. Get marrid and go back.. Enjoy man...


Maja maadu