Friday, August 19, 2005

Quandaries at social gatherings

I hate social gatherings. I avoid such gatherings as much as possible, because I can not stand the questions and opinions people have about software engineers.
Whenever my grandfather and uncle get chance, they keep bragging about me to everybody. I can't stop them, because I think it makes them happy. But people who listen to such boasts can't buy in all these boasts. They seem to take vengeance on me when I happen to be a victim to be present at such gatherings.

First question I get is, "yaava company, EshTu koDtaare? nim thatha tumba hogaLta idru" (Which company, How much do they pay? Your grandpa was bragging about you). Their tone will be in such a way that I have committed a terrible sin and I should be punished.

Some people even try to predict future if software engineers, they say this boom will not lost, it ca not sustain for more than 2-3 years, china will overtake .... bla bla bla

I wonder what is my mistake for all these. I guess it is the case with most of us. Don't know when our elders understand not to be like this with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good One Shashi :)