Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Saturday to remember!!!

Of late I had been thinking of doing some crazy things that I had never done before. It all started with my attempt to Cast Away. It seem to give me some crazy pleasure. I feel like, life is laughing at me and by doing some crazy things, I am laughing back at life!!

One Saturday, 9 Hours, 16km, 0 deg C, no particular reason.
On a saturday morning, I decided not to spoil it as I usually do. So I decided to go for a walk. I took map of Bestbuy on google(Google has map for walk). It gave me optimal route, like left on 112th st, right on 113th st, left on 115th st etc. Temperature outside was 0 deg C, and sun seemed to to be enjoying the saturday by taking break from his duty. It was very windy. Soon after 5 min of walk, my body was forcing me to go back to cozy hotel room. But I was determined not to give up. I was a stupid enough to wear a sweater at last moment.
I felt like wind was piercing through the neck and face, whereever skin was not covered. I was the only living being on the roads. After sometime, my body got adapted to cold.

I walked for about 2.5 hours and covered 7km to reach Bestbuy. Then visited Kohls, Walmart. These shops are so huge, I must have walked few kms inside shops. Then I saw Borders a few blocks away. A hot Capuccino Large with a travel magazene felt like heaven.

It was already dark outside. On the way paid a visit to Circuit city. Then realized I had not written down return journey through shortcuts. I just followed road grids to reach back to the hotel. It was scary at times, walking alone in dark night.

Only highlight of entire day was the Capuccino at Borders and sound sleep... After all, I couldn't ask more!!!

5 comments:

Niranjan said...

Weird ways of an aquarian to kill boredom! :)

Sridhar M said...

Wow, this is crazy indeed. But we all must accordingly, and make Life as we wish it to be. No worries.

Vishwanath.N said...

I'm just loving your crazy encounters with life... Way 2 go Shashi !!!

Karthik CS said...

Walking for 16 KM . that too in dark and in a Foreign place. This is really crazy.. High Sev risk .. I bet you would never do these things after marriage. Surely NO-NO once you have a kid.

Risk taking ability reduces as your Commitment increases.

Majaa maadu maga

Shashi said...

Niranjan, yep it is True, it is typical for an aquarian to do weird things!!

Sri, Vish and Kar, yep it is True. These are the things that you remember and have a hearty laugh when you are no longer able to do such things!!