Monday, November 03, 2008

Time went back!!!!

I was hoping to witness it ever since I learnt about day light saving concept. The time going back!! I was awake in the midnight to witness it myself. A romantic drama, 27 Dresses, was giving much needed entertainment. I was watching the time on my laptop. When it was 1:59:59AM, next second it jumped to 1:00:00AM!!! Wov, it was kind of exciting to witness it live and awake.
My previous stays in US was in Arizona where they don't follow this funny day light saving. So I never had witnessed it.
Now we ended day light saving time and back to what this longitude is supposed to be at. Daylight saving is an attempt to have more sunlight in the day after work hours due to various reasons. One logical reason seems to be saving energy. There are various reasons on the net. In winter sun seems to be in a mad hurry to finish his daily job, so days are very short.
Per Mahendra, we get to sleep an extra hour!!! So I think I will sleep half hour extra and utilize the other half to cook food for afternoon. Better compromise!! I hope no more starving in the name of fruit diet!

3 comments:

Karthik CS said...

Nice idea to witness time moving back. Yea! I think primary reason for Day light saving is to save power.

Sridhar M said...

As Kashi used to say, "Ella bhrame...!"

Vishwanath.N said...

Well Sri has already said it... LOL