Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"No procrastination drive" - First step

I had my first success in my "No procrastination drive". I have a list of things that are pending because of my indolence and inertia.
One such pending thing was my bike insurance. This had been pending for almost 3 years. I finally got it done on Tuesday. As a punishment to myself, I did not want to get it through an agent. I went to Insurance office and got it done. Though it was not significant, I felt a great deal of accomplishment!!!

There is an endless list of such things which I intend to accomplish in this year. All the best to myself!!

3 comments:

Sridhar M said...

Good luck! I do hope you've priorities for your tasks. You may want to checkout the GTD Workflow at http://lifedev.net/2007/02/gtd-cheatsheet-the-workflow/.

Karthik CS said...

Shashi, I had the same problem. I started using Micro soft Outlook tasks and set a reminder to each. When it reminds me obviously I felt like postponing. So I snooze for say 1 day or 2. It keeps reminding and you keep snoozing it. Ultimately you get fed up of snoozing and feel guilty and perform that task. Idea is never "dismiss", unless it is completed.

For my astonishment, after a simple statistical analysis, the number of times I snooze has reduced a lot now. I took almost an year to reach this stage. Sometime, I would have completed the task even before it reminds me. Man, it works. Try it out

Shashi said...

Thanks Kar. Sure I will do that.