Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Out of sight...

Out of sight is out of mind, they say. I think that is what has happened to my blogging too. I don't want this to happen to my blog.

Here is a quick recap.

I think the year 2009 did not begin with a positive signs to anybody. It is sad to see/hear what is happening in the world. I hope and pray to almighty to end this madness soon.

My office shifted to Marathalli. All the privilege I had with office within 5 min from home is gone now. First week I enjoyed the traffic jams on outer ring road. I particularly enjoyed the ride back home in night, the music, loneliness and the feeling of all man for himself. I was particularly worried about my roadrage. I was amazed at my patience, I never lost temper so far. I don't care how others drive, I just be myself.
After 2 weeks, I am getting bored with monotonic traffic jams, mindless who don't care for red lights.
Number of vehicles increasing at rate more than our sluggish governament's projections, road repairs at snail's pace, all these are OK, if our road users understand and co-operate. Everybody seems to be in a mad rush, as if the world is going to end in few moments. I make it a point not to violate any rules as well as not to squeeze between gaps and cause annoyance to other drivers. But the result is I get left behind, but that is OK. I wonder why our people take life so easily. Everyday I see lot of lives just escape in fraction's of a second.
So far I have clocked 35min to 1 hour for 16km drive. I need to find alteranate transport since summer sun is already getting torturous.

Another thing worth mentioning is the music in some of the latest kannada movies is just amazing. Especially, hoovina baaNadante from movie birugaLi. Shreya's voice is just amazing, the initial hum is mind-boggling.

And my photography is going at a good pace, except that I hardly manage some time for post processing and publishing my work. I will take some action on this soon.
That's very much what is happening so far....

4 comments:

Sridhar M said...

Yep, folks try to honk and get past you, take huge risk in doing so - all for a couple of seconds. They don't often remember their family and friends who would be impacted so badly - if anything happens.

Anyway, it's a nice rule you follow. And keep up with your activities - they are the ones you remember when you look back.

Karthik CS said...

Shashi,
Welcome to Marathhalli. Even our office is in M.halli. But we dont take ring road to each the place. We come from within the city.

Dude,
Share your captures.. Let us enjoy your shots..

Karthik CS said...

Shashi.. I had not listened to Birugaali songs.. as you told.. that song is very good

Vishwanath.N said...

Hey shashi nice way of saying I'm still alive and enjoyin !