Sunday, November 09, 2008

Cast Away...

Lately I had been feeling very low on spirit and morale and I don't seem to understand the reason. I feel like I am losing or have lost something and I am not getting it back. I am unable to sleep properly and feel sleepy at office. I was thinking about the movie Cast Away. I wanted to be castawayed....
Incidentally my horoscope read,
"bla bla bla.. suggests that you could face an old ghost today as something reminds you of a childhood memory, a previous illness or an emotional hurt. As unsettling as this encounter feels, remember that you can heal the past through understanding and forgiveness. Also, keep in mind that what's happening now is not the same as what happened a long time ago."
How this person reads whats going on with me....
So I decided I really needed to sleep today, so I did something that I had never done before!!!
Any guesses... Nope you won't get it.

I started running, I wanted to runaway from everything. I ran, walked and ran again for almost an hour. I had run a long distance, but I was right there, where I started running... I was running on a treadmill. I had run for 61 min 20 sec, 7.23km, 500 cal spent. I was amazed, I could still go on. In the gym, watching Cast Away, I had run so long... what a contrast, in the movie, Tom Hanks wanted to come back and in reality I wanted to be castawayed...

I had a stroll outside the hotel after dinner. The temperature was close to freezing. It felt good.
I had a dreamless sleep.

3 comments:

Sridhar M said...

This sounds familiar, I too feel there is a cycle where we reach a certain saturation point and we just want to break free, get out or run away, as in your case. But then, what's comforting is it's another cycle.

Vishwanath.N said...

Shashi---Wats more important in life is to know wat to run away from.... but I'm glad U burnt 500cals and I guess it's one feeling we all suffer once a while.

Karthik CS said...

Shashi, Nice to know that you burnt 500 cal. Why do you worry to much.. You 7KM jog gave you what you wanted, the sleep. That's a nice way of run-away from what you hate - The Hectic life :)