Monday, August 05, 2019

A random act can change someone's life forever

A random act of someone can change one's life forever. Changes can be positive and negative. Those resulting in positive changes are often selfless acts and we often forget to recognise.

Around March of 2019, my mental and physical state had reached its worst. My body weight had crossed 3 digit figure in kilo grams. I stopped evening walks, had very few clothes that fit my obese body. Could not sleep during nights. Was losing concentration at work. As a result of all these, I was losing confidence in myself. A trek to Bear mountain in March shook all of my confidence. I was struggling for breath after climbing one floor. I hope that was my worst ever possible state - mentally and physically. I believe I was on the verge of depression.

Yet, I was not doing anything. This is when my cousin Ganesha gave me a 7 day free pass to cult.fit fitness center. At this point I did not have a slightest idea that it is going to change my life forever.
Though he had been going there for several months, he had not pushed me to join. Madhu and I visited the JP Nagar 7th phase cult.fit center. The manager was nice and explained how things work. I signed up for free classes, then bought annual subscription, and the rest is history.

Now, I am regular at cult.fit and manage to do 2 sessions some days. This opened avenues to express myself. All my inhibitions were shattered, that dance move I had been suppressing for years, burning the flab that was always coming in my way, it is an awesome feeling at the end of the day.
In 4 months, I have lost 8kg of body weight, I easily fit into old clothes. Last week, I walked 15km at Turahalli forest, yesterday's 63+km friendship day bicycle ride is boosting a lot of confidence in me.

I must thank Ganesha for being the reason to change my life forever. Another lesson I learnt is, I should also always try to influence others for their well being - it doesn't matter if they follow, but my duty is to help.

No comments: