Sunday, August 11, 2019

Love Actually!!

From past couple of days, I had been wanting to watch this movie "Love Actually" for the reasons that are only known to me. It is movie that revolves around various classes of people include a British Prime ministers to C grade movie artists to already married man to an adolescent boy - All in search of love. Of course most of these themes are westernised and takes some effort to see them in Indian context.
When I was randomly browsing on Zee 5 app, I stumbled upon this Kannada movie, Happy New Year. I very much liked a song from this movie, apart from this I had no clue that it is influenced by Love Actually! Of course all themes are completely Indian.
Love is such an amazing experience, feeling or emotion which is impossible to express in words. I don't think it is mere longing for someone, it is such a profound concept, various artists have written very touching dialogs about love.
My favorite is - "True love is putting someone else before yourself, even if it means not being happy" from movie Frozen.
Yes true love is doing everything to make that person happy, even if it pains you. Here, the domain of love includes parents, kids, your true love, anybody you care for.

The movie Happy New Year depicts how each one of them, people from various rungs of life, find their love. One finds it by fulfilling her last wish on her death bed, one finds it in searching for her, a father, when his daughter and wife understands him, when a rowdy finds it is a foreign lady though he doesn't understand her language and so on... The movie managed to make my eyes moist, the song "Preethiya Hesaru Neenu" will keep filling my heart for a lasting time...

A story and music have so much power to fill an empty heart and to keep the person going. It was a well spent Sunday. A Sunday best lived!!

No comments: