Monday, September 09, 2019

A sound mind and productivity

A sound mind can do miracles. Even though it is very apparent, I failed to record the earlier episodes in my journal.

We all go through ups and downs in our life continuously, of course, that is life. When we face situations where we can not make decisions because we think whatever we decide is going to alter the course of our life. Actually the random events change the life more often.
The mind keeps weighing various options and starts projecting how each decision is going to affect the future. In this phase of life, the productivity is at its lowest. Because the mind is occupied with analysis of endless combination of inputs, decision and outcomes, we ignore to notice apparently obvious things.
At this point, friends play an important role. They provide perspectives that our mind is not capable of, due to its preoccupied thoughts. If things lead to depression, expert consultation helps.
But in my case, most of the times, I come out of this phase eventually (of course after couple of sleepless nights and some tragedy movies!), and voila, things become quite clear. I wonder, why was I not able to think this way.

Once the mind is on a high tide, we miraculously achieve many things, solve problems. I wonder how many people on this earth are fighting their own war. What if everyone makes peace with mind and become productive. We can make earth a much better place!!

I stumbled upon a Medium article about how to stop thinking. I liked these lines from it - No matter how much you want to achieve in the future, and no matter how much you’ve suffered in the past, appreciate that you are alive now.

No comments: