Monday, September 16, 2019

Recent movies about intense love

After almost more than a decade, I watched a Telugu movie, Dear Comrade. I watched it because I loved the Kannada version of the song - "Kadalante kaada kannu". It is kind of crazy, liked the Kannada song and watched the Telugu movie. But that is not the point.
The movie was quite refreshing. I don't want to go over the story line, but want to document my take on 'love', the intense version of it.
Another movie is Kabir Singh. I didn't know its original is Arjun Reddy, until a friend told me. I watched this movie after falling in love with its songs.

In both the movies, the boy and girl love each other intensely. Both movies deliberately ignore the details or the reason for their intense love. It is just given. Once we fall in love, we can't find reasons for it. The suffering after break up, is so intense and painful. Both the girl and the boy go through it. The more you love, the more you suffer due to break-up. The suffering just increases, because both love each other, and both think they are correct. Their reason is not selfishness, not to inflict pain in other, not hatred for someone, not misunderstanding, but it is pure love for one another. Both are ready to sacrifice anything, both love each other, but something keeps them apart. That is the strangeness of love. Somethings can't be explained at all. 
Perhaps a quite introspection could have helped, but things suddenly go out of hand due to aggression and anger. In both movies, it is shown that more suffering makes the love more intense. Not sure if that is the case in real life.

I started this post to express something, but I failed due to lack of words. Perhaps that is love, you can't express in words, you have to feel it. Finally it is love that wins over everything in the world.

No comments: