Tuesday, September 17, 2019

My fight with Existential crisis

I am sure at some point in time, everyone faces one or more of these questions

  • What is the purpose of my life?
  • Why should I exist?
  • Who is going to remember me when I am gone?
  • How should anyone remember me as, when I am no more?
  • Does anyone know/care that I exist?
  • Why should I achieve anything at all in life?
and so on....
When faced one or more of above questions, you are dealing with "Existential Crisis". (Actually, I did not know that it is a general term even when I chose the title of this post!!)

Since, I am writing this post, it is very clear that I am currently facing Existential crisis. If I think deeply, I know I will get into depression. So, without giving into the easy ways, let me document my ways of fighting with it. Although, I had my own downtime of couple of weeks.
The solution is simple - "A sound mind in a fit body".

How to achieve a fit body - Simple Join a gym. I was so lucky, I should thank my cousin Ganesha who introduced me to Cult.fit. It is changing my life beyond I could imagine. As of today, I have lost 10kg of weight in 5 months. I am actually in a jolly good mood now.
I enjoy weight and strength exercise, dancing, boxing and prowl.
  • Cover at least 100km of bicycle ride each month.
  • Walk at least 30km each month.
To keep track of my resolutions, I must keep posting my progress every month here. I am doing it for myself, so no cheating here :)
So, I tackled my "Fit body" problem.

Then comes to tough one - the sound mind. Mind is something that is extremely volatile. There is no limit to the train of thoughts that pass through the mind. Most of the times, I wonder how I ended up with a particular thought. The train is lost! It is extremely difficult to keep the mind from wavering around. It steals away sleep. No matter how much tired the body is, if the mind does not stop its activity, it is a sleepless night. I had my quota of sleep deprivation. My overall productivity hit the bottom. I had to do something to stay relevant in the universe. Thats where I went to my friends for help. And below are my resolutions to take the flaky mind to a sound one.
  • Read lot of books - Starting with "Travel gods must be crazy"
  • Learn a new language - Spanish
  • Learn a new skill - Learning guitar since 3 weeks.
  • Regular journal of my activities (hence this post!)
  • Master a technology - Machine Learning and AI
  • Give the world, something it needs, free of cost - Teach somethings I am good at. This is still being shaped.
Wow, so many things to achieve in one short life, what I am waiting for.... Hey, world here I come!
Actually writing this post itself is bringing a lot of positive impact.


No comments: